Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 10:49:45 -0500

I received 4 replies to my query about how to use up some muesli that my
son doesn't want to eat for cereal.  A couple of people said I should be
careful while doing Atkins (I am being careful) and one nice person was
supportive and was also doing Atkins (but didn't have any ideas for the
muesli.

Here are the recipes and ideas for muesli:

1. give you a hint to help..in any recipe ...according to Nick Malgieri
[great baker and head of Peter Krump's cooking school here in NYC], just
sub chopped nut [esp waluts] for oats...Walnuts & almonds are
particularly healthful.

2. Juliane - what comes to mind is some cereal bars I made to travel. I
crushed up corn flakes and added them to a pot of melted butter and
corned syrup - I added raisins and coconut and grated peanuts and pecans
(I think) - whatever you have around - they were similar to rice crispie
squares - once you melt the butter and corn syrup - add your other
ingredients and stir in - then put on a greased cookie sheet and spread
out - no cooking was required.   They kept me sane while shopping and
one a trip - perhaps you can use your muesli in some similar fashion.
Good luck.   (This sounds great and we will make some to take on trips!
He gets tired of Balance bars.)

3. Hi Julieanne

I actually use my soy flake cereal for this one but I am sure it would
work with muesli too.

3 tablespoons of margarine
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of Maple syrup
2 cups of Muesli
1 cup of rice flour
1 egg lightly beaten

Pre heat oven to 190c (300F)
Melt margarine and honey in saucepan over low heat.
Add sugar and Maple syrup, mix until sugar dissolves.
In a large mixing bowl combine Muesli, and flour together.
Add margarine and sugar mix, egg and mix and combine well.
Form cookie shape using your hands and place on a large non stick tray.
Ensure there is sufficient space between cookies to allow for spreading.
Bake for approx 20 minutes. Leave on tray for 3 minutes and then place
on a cooling rack.

Hope this works and is my recipe so you may post it on the list if you
wish.

4. Add it to cookies instead of oatmeal. Or make it into a pie crust
(mix with butter and sugar and press into the pan). Or use it as a crisp
topping.