From:
Christoph Hintze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 1997 09:18:23 -0500

Sorry if this information has appeared here before - I have only been
subscribing since the New Year.

I realize there are a lot of specifically gf cookbooks out there (like Bette
Hagman's, which I have not yet gotten hold of), but a cookbook that I have
found very helpful in general is La Leche League's Whole Foods for the Whole
Family.

It is written with the intent of moving away from processed foods, and so
all the ingredients are at the most basic level possible in the home
kitchen.  There are no canned ingredients or mixes called for, so if you are
used to substituting (ie rice or potato flour for all-purpose) you should
not have any problem.  There are also recipes for everything from catsup and
salsa to homemade sausages, beef jerky and natural Easter egg dyes!  (It
should come as no surprise that there is also a section on making your own
baby foods!)

The only problem I have had with it is that it is also written with the idea
of cutting down refined sugars, so most of the recipes are sweetened with
honey, which means the flavor is sometimes different from what I am expecting.

I am a member of La Leche League, but I do not personally benefit from the
sale of any of their publications - I just find this one very helpful!

If you want to order Whole Foods for the Whole Family, contact:
La Leche League
1400 North Meacham Road
Schaumburg, IL 60173-4840
phone: 847-519-7730 (9 am to 5 pm Central)

Sherry Hintze in Newport, NC