From:
Jane Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 1995 23:47:38 -0400

consumer relations dept at 708-575-6198; they have a gluten-free list and the
best nutruitional analysis in the industry.  Our daughter, now 16, has eaten
beef patties (no fillers),  french fries (fried alone) and sundaes (vanilla
ice cream ok) since she was diagnosed at age 2, so she always has a "kid"
meal. She says "I need a special order: please make me a hamburger patty
without the bun or crumbs; I'll pay for a regular hamburger".  Best of all,
McD's is totally standardized throughout the world, so a beef pattie here in
Illinois is the same as anyplace else....and that's been a lifesaver when
we're away from home.. in the Rocky Mountains, downtown Toronto, northern
Michigan, etc...We never travel without our international McD's directory.
    Also, Liz is a great cookie baker, and every day her friends at high
school wait to test her cookies, her bars, her ever-present snacks.  As a
very busy teen athlete, Liz packs 2-3 lunch bags a day with her goodies.
    The best advice I ever got was when my husband diagnosed her at 2,
announced the kitchen would be gluten-free, and said "don't feel sorry for
her...this is her life..and we want her to go right out into the world."
   There have been lots of times when that's been tough, as we all know, but
it works!  Jane Davis