From:
L and N Matsui <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
L and N Matsui <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 14:37:09 -0500

Hi Listmates,  Does anyone know if Gruenebaum's bakery in Washington Heights
N.Y., makes GF cakes and cookies for Passover;  I'm recovering and even mill
my own flours so if I can't safely assure myself, my husband gets to eat
all.  I found a whole display of their baked goods here in California-
chocolate cakes and assorted cookies;  Couldn't reach the bakery on the
weekend for any answers.
Here's some typical ingredients found on their boxes:
Potato starch, eggs, cottonseed shortening, sugar, (where applicable
depending on the baked good: assorted nuts, fresh lemons and orange,
coconuts, macaroon paste, cocoa, artificial flavours).
So, I suspect the only risks are cross-contamination, artificial flavors,
and possibly macaroon paste.
P.S.  Ever since I became GF, I've been having dreams of going to a place of
business and finding a GF aisle or display and now it appears that has come
true just for Passover except that the reality in reality may still be a
dream.
Thanks, Laura