From:
Ann Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 14:06:35 -0700

I just got out of the hospital after suffering a bone infection which
resulted in the amputation of a toe.  Based on past experience, I
expected to have to fight tooth and nail with the powers that be about
gf meds, diet, etc.  As soon as I told admisssions that I was celiac,
the set a specific protocol into motion.   The dietican came to see me
almost immediately with printed info as to what I could eat and not eat,
a special menu and the instuructions that I should call her immediately
if theere was a problem or question.  She also suggested that my family
bring me snacks [I settled for organic almond butter and rice cakes].

The pharmacist checked on the gf status of the antibiotics and the
nurses double checked with stokes,

When I got home, I checked with several pharmaceutical co ...
Cipro is now gf in all forms....used to be just liquid
And
Schein Pharm, a divison of Danbury Pharm, states that its entire line is gf.

Good news!

Ann