From:
Rebecca Richardson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 18:57:34 -0500

Is there anything my listmates don't know?

Here are suggestions for better rice crispie treats:

If using puffed rice, crisp in the oven for a few minutes before mixing
with marshmallow.

New Morning, Barbara's, and Ener-G all have rice crispie-type cereals.
Kinnikinnick carry one too.  I recently found Erewhon Poppets in the
health food section of our store.  They are, basically, yellow and orange
rice balls (similar to Trix).  I thought they were a lousy breakfast cereal
and my daughter was underwhelmed, so I may try making them into
"treats" too.  I'll let you know if it works.

My question is, do rice flour, potato starch,  and tapioca flour have to be
sifted before measuing, like wheat flour?  Recipes never seem to
designate "sifted", and I'm wondering whether the authors just deem it
too obvious to mention!