From:
steeplechase19 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
steeplechase19 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2007 14:37:50 -0400

I am addressing this question to the men on this list..........

Have any of you had improved bone density reports on a GF diet, calcium, magnesium, Vit. D and boron supplementation?

My husband has had increasingly decreased spine and hip readings over the past few years.  Parts of his spine are osteoporotic and his hip is very close.  All lab tests for testosterone levels, calcium urine excretion, Vit. D levels, etc. are normal.  He eats a very healthy gluten free diet and takes the recommended supplements religiously.  He has always exercised in a gym but for the past year at the suggestion of his radiologist has worked weekly with a personal trainer.
Disappointingly his levels have fallen further.

Have any men on the list had good results with fosamax/actonel?  Anything else worked?
Thank you,
Carol