Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 1997 10:35:22 -0700

My favorite sugar-free candy stopped being sold by a retail catalog
company, so I decided to try and find the company myself (no easy task).
After weeks of research, I was successful, and now this company that makes
the world's best sugar-free and gf hard candy is willing to sell retail in
bulk directly to us, in addition to its regular wholesale customers.
Marazita Candy Co. at P.O.Box 265, 500 South Elkhart, White Pigeon, MI
49099-0265.  Phone # 616-483-2477  FAX: 616-483-7365.

I have had on-going discussions with Rick Beach, the developer of the line
of sugar-free candies, and he spoke with his suppliers of individual
ingredients who assured him of their gf status. Rick is committed to making
sugar-free and gluten-free candies.  The sweetener used is hydrogenated
starch hydrolysate, which is from corn.  Their candy tastes like the real
thing, and with no bitter aftertaste or imitation tastes.  The hard candy
comes in 24 flavors, and there is also sour balls, star-lite mints, and
pops.  My husband adores the cherry, and I love the lemon, butterscotch,
and root beer.  They also make taffy, caramels and toffee, but I haven't
tried them because they have dairy and I must live dairy-free, but if they
are anything like the hard candy they must be great. Feel free to call for
current prices and flavors.  I have no stake in this company, except that I
hope to see more of this candy in stores.  Yum - and no cavities, and best
of all, safe for us.

Ellen still in Eugene, Oregon