Date:
Mon, 12 May 2014 22:31:19 -0400

I  don't know if anyone has had a similar experience at any of the Six Flag parks.  My son, who has Celiac disease, will be visiting the park shortly so I tried contacting the park to obtain a list of gluten-free offerings.

After waiting for a half-hour on hold, the person said to check the website (which I already did).  He said to look at each restaurant to determine what he may be able to eat.  I did find reference to "Glutin" [sic] free snacks that are available in the park.

Again, when I insisted on obtaining a list of Gluten-free offerings, he started reading from a list he had.  First item on the list was Slurpee along with other snack foods.  When I insisted that I was looking for more substantial food and not just snacks, he said, "Oh...we have funnel cakes.  I know those are Gluten-free because I just check on those for another customer yesterday."  Another item he said that was Gluten-free was apple turnover.

Seeing that I wasn't really getting anywhere, I again asked for a list.  He suggested that I use the "Contact Us" form.  The drop-down topic option states "Gluten allergy" and nothing about Celiac disease or Gluten-free.

I received a return phone call the next day about our "Gluten allergy."  She tried to help and said that our son could pack a lunch and carry it with him on all the rides.  Won't it get smashed I exclaimed?  Well, he can have a Slurpee and started reading from the same list again.

Some people just don't get it.  Sure doesn't seem to be a very Celiac friendly place.