Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 07:36:17 -0500

> The office where I work seems to have an endless parade of glutenous
> offerings coming through........ scones, cakes, pies, cookies etc.....
> the obvious answer is "just say no" (thank you)~ but sometimes it gets
> to me. How do others cope with the endless parade of gluten?

I used to feel the same way, as everyone in my office stuff their faces from
the time we arrive til the time we clock out- I've gotten to the point where
I am fine saying "no thank you" again and again- actually the only two items
that still make me sad are donuts and pizza- I ignore the donuts and try to
think how heavy and greasy they always were anyway- and when the office has a
pizza party from time to time- I go out shopping and buy myself something
special- I purchased my favorite pair of shoes on the last pizza party :)

On a more serious note, I have my drawers at work stocked with munchies at
all times- popcorn, tortilla chips, dry cereal, gf cookies, crackers, -
unfortuantely, I haven't figured out a way yet to politely recommend my
office buddies do the same as I do to them and say "no thank you"- because it
cost a lot for my special treats and there's no payback!

It is fun though, to use my friends at work as guinea pigs- I know I will get
an honest taste test out of them and I jump for joy when they hate something
I've made because then it's all for me!!!

Good Luck and think ofhow many less hours you will need to spend at the gym
working off all the fat and calories that your office mates are consuming.

Best Regards,
Leslie