From:
Ed John Housey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 1997 10:09:47 -0700

Hi All,

Since going on a GF diet 5 weeks ago, my improvement has been definitely
noticable.  However, I still have extreme muscle tightness and weakness,
especially in my legs, after I try to do some exercies (in this case,
fast walking).  I started out in 1990 with lots of digestive problems
and aching muscles (I was a competitive cyclist), and eventualy was
unable to even walk.  Now that I can walk again, I want to start pushing
a bit.  However, I tried over the weekend and today I'm paying for it.

I have a few questions for you experts out there, if I may:

Question:  Assuming I have had 7 years of intestinal damage from eating
wheat, oats, etc., how long can I expect before the intestinal lining has
completely healed?

One more:  If I was going to be deficient in some vitamin/mineral because of
this problem, what would it likely be?  I am taking Magnesium and a
sub-lingual mult-vitamin in the morning, and Calcium and another multi vitamin
in the evening.  If I am missing something, is there a valid test that can
be done?  Blood tests on me don't seem to show anything out of order.

Thanks for any advice you can give.
ejh