From:
Ann Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 19:49:25 -0500

When I was first diagnosed with celiac, my nutrionist gave me a formula
for leaky gut--one capsule L-glutamine 500mg and one ProBiotics capsule
with each meal.  Within six months I was no longer lactose intolerant
and feeling great.  So I tempted fate and got bored with taking the
formula, even tho both the allergist and nutrionist said it should be
taken for the rest of my life.  Now, two years after diagnosis and a
year after stopping the formula, I am back to being lactose intolerant.

This is a good lesson.....we need to keep the gut healthy.  I suspect
that if I am again lactose intolerant, that not only means the villi are
in bad shape and thus, statistically, would be a much higher candidate
for colon cancer.  I think this is something for us to think about.

Ann