From:
Alice Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alice Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 13:52:15 -0500

I am hoping to get some feedback from all of you. I was diagnosed with celiac disease several months ago because of a history of severe anemia. Other than that, I have a slow thyroid and beginnings of osteopoenia. Knowing that often CD runs in families, I realized that my sister has the following symptoms:
Graves Disease
A weird skin condition that manifested itself in a small area on her buttocks
A history of debilitating mouth and throat sores
A b-12 defiiciency
Occasional stomach problems

My sister's original blood work came back as borderline. Unfortunately I am not familiar with the markers that one looks for in a blood test. She has had some other blood work done as well, one of which indicated the b-12 deficiency.

Her GI doc is not saying that she has CD and is not sounding very concerned about it. Can someone tell me just what the blood work means and how accurate it is? The doctor is not rushing to endoscopy for her.

Can someone tell me if this sounds right and what your own experience is. I was diagnosed by biopsy.

Thanks.

Alice