Date:
Sun, 23 Oct 2005 17:34:19 -0500

Since October is National Celiac Awareness Month, we just thought you'd
like to know that this Monday night/Tuesday morning (October 24/25)
we'll devote, at least, the first two hours of our show to a discussion
about Celiac Disease and Gluten-free cooking.  Our guests will be
Michelle Melin-Rogovin, Executive Director of the University of
Chicago's Celiac Disease Program and Peggy Wagener, publisher of "Living
Without" magazine.  Our show starts right after the 11 PM (Central time)
news on Chicago's WGN-AM.  At that time of the night, WGN's over the air
signal (720-AM) can be picked up throughout much of the USA and parts of
Canada but, if you can't get us on your radio you can listen in on-line
at http://www.wgnradio.com
You can also join in the conversation with any questions or comments by
calling 312-591-7200.  If you're calling long distance, please let our
producer, Catie, know and we'll do our best to make sure you don't have
to stay on hold for a long time.
Ever since my (Steve's) diagnosis with Celiac Disease, in 2001, since
we've learned how widespread CD is, we've tried our best to do a couple
of shows each year on the subject.  My wife and co-host (Johnnie) has
become incredibly good at coming up with wonderful, tasty, Gluten-free
meals and treats and is currently working on a Gluten-free cookbook.
By the way, if you can't call in you can e-mail your questions or
comments to [log in to unmask]
Hope you'll join us,
Steve King & Johnnie Putman/WGN-AM, Chicago
http://www.wgnradio.com/shows/steve_johnnie/index.html