From:
Carol Flynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 1996 12:52:58 -0500

I had read in Against the Grain that Velveeta cheese by Kraft was not gluten
free. I called Kraft and talked extensively to Yolanda. She stated that based
on the label it appeared to be GF. Ingredents: Cheese(American[cheddar and
colby(milk,cheese culture,salt,enzymes)]), whey, water,milkfat,whey protien
concentrate,sodium phospate, skim milk,salt, sorbic acid as a
preservative,annatto(color), Apocarotenal(color). She said the Apocarotenal
was derived for carotene and the enzymes were developed in the lab not using
any wheat rye barley or oats or things there of.Just passing this along,
Carol