From:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 17:43:28 -0800

A lot of folks have already told me that they've already made this recipe &
it turned out great.  One person couldn't find salsa verde, but got good
results using enchilada sauce instead.

I'll make a few comments about additional experiences I've had with this
recipe.  I tried making it with different ingredients & the results were
disappointing.  Chicken breast instead of chicken thighs was too dry.
Trader Joe's brand of salsa verde wasn't as spicey & rich tasting as La
Victoria brand.  Goat cheese was okay baked inside the casserole, but
because it doesn't melt, I didn't like the texture on top.  Goat cheese
texture is much like ricotta cheese when it's cooked, so I'll try it next
time with goat cheese in the middle layers, but not on top.

Valerie in Tacoma