From:
glutenfreeclub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
glutenfreeclub <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Apr 2008 10:51:47 -0400

Gluten Free Dining Friends R.I.

Website : http://www.geocities.com/glutenfreefriendsri/

Celebrate the month of May with your own "May Day" breakfast !

Due to several holidays in the month of May we thought it was best for you to pick a day that is convenient to you to have your own "May Day" and go out and enjoy a great breakfast.

Click here to go our page to see the menu http://www.geocities.com/glutenfreefriendsri/alices.html

We will be back with a great dine out for our "group of friends" in June !

When visiting make sure you tell them Alan from RI sent you.

Well worth the 25 minute drive from Providence!

  Alice's Diner

2663 South Main St

Fall River, MA

The Tradition of the May Breakfast

May 1st or "May Day" is associated with the May Breakfast, historically a Rhode Island tradition, which originated in the Cranston village of Oak Lawn (also home of the list owners). Back in 2006, Alan, the creator of this list, heard from someone in Massachusetts that there was a diner that served a GLUTEN FREE BREAKFAST known as Alice's Diner. The celiac owner told us that she had items located on a menu board on the wall. Alan offered to type up a menu for celiac customers. She thought it was a good idea and her daughters who work there made the menu look even nicer.

Alice is very creative and we have sampled MANY of her items that she has since added to her menu. She has many breakfast items including pancakes and waffles!  Enjoy Alice's in honor of this celiac who is so wonderful to support others who have dietary restrictions. Please see her menu and you will not be disappointed! She also does her best to accommodate other dietary needs. When visiting her make sure you tell her Alan sent you.

Disclaimer
Please remember that all restaurants on this site contain places that carry a gluten free menu and ALSO carry items that will contain gluten so make sure you mention that you are ordering from the "gluten free menu". It is important that you call ahead to speak to the manager and let him/her know that you will be coming in to dine out "gluten free" and also let them know of any other dietary restrictions that you may have. Always remember that you are eating out at your own risk and we do not accept any legal responsibility so please make sure they are aware of all of your dietary needs.