From:
"Rebecca W. Buffum" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 10:27:37 -0800

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to everyone who responded to my post (which,
by the way, I apologize for not giving a subject line)  I got 60-70
really appreciate all of your messages!

My first question was asking opinions on the Gluten Free Pantry, and mail
order catalogs in general. The response was overwhelmingly positive! People
raved about the GFP products and service, and I feel confident ordering
just about anything. The most frequently suggested products were the
brownie mix, cookie mix, cake mix, muffin mix, bagel mix and rye and white
bread mixes. Several people tried the Angel food cake with good results and
many also loved the french bread.Also mentioned more than once were the
cornbread, the glutano pretzels and the pancakes. The only remotely
negative comments were that the bagels were time consuming to prepare (one
person did not like them at all) and a few people were mildly dissapionted
with the french bread. All in all, this company got rave reviews and I look
forward to placing my first order.

Many people also mentioned Authentic Foods as a Great supplier. i spoke to
the owner earlier this week and he was very nice and helpful. Also
suggested: Really great food company, Miss Robens.

My second question was how long it seemed to take people to gain back
weight. This really varied depending on the individual, but the majority of
people said it took quite a while- months or years. One person has been GF
for 9 years and still has not gained back all the lost weight. I feel
better knowing that this is totally normal and doesn't mean I'm not
responding to the diet. Personally, I am happy with my weight and know that
I am healthy based on other tests, but it's so tiresome to hear others
constantly say "you just can't be that healthy at 105 lbs." (I'm 5'6") I
think weight is totally individual and as long as my hormones are
functioning normally and my iron levels are up, I feel fine where I am.
Thank you all for the support. And I have been warned by many of you to
enjoy it now, as the weight will eventually creep back on!

Thank you everyone!

Becca Buffum
Fairfax, CA