Date:
Sun, 7 Jun 2009 09:11:57 EDT

I have had Celiac Disease since 1968, right after the birth of my first
child; however, I was actually biopsy diagnosed seven years later when a
definitive diagnosis was finally made.  I did very well on the gluten free  diet
until about two years ago when symptoms similar to eating gluten  appeared.
 I was sure it was not gluten, so I started eliminating other  allergens
beginning with dairy.  Soon thereafter I became well again so now  I am on a
gluten and dairy (casein) free diet.  Then, again, six months ago  the same
symptoms appeared so I eliminated all soy from my diet and once again I
started to feel well.

My question is to Celiacs who use this wonderful resource, has anyone
experienced the development of other food intolerances (not allergies) like I
have and if so, is there some kind of test for it other than just elimination
of  the potential source?  I have seen an Allergist who told me to see my
GI  doctor who told me to see an Allergist.  I just hope this is the end  of
it because it is becoming increasingly difficult to find a variety of foods
(other than, of course, all natural), especially in a restaurant.  Soy
seems to be the most difficult because it is in everything, including most
supplements.

I will look forward to hearing from some of you and I'm especially
interested in learning how you deal with the situation.  Many thanks in  advance.

Jane in MD
Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222377042x1201454362/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=Jun
eExcfooterNO62)