Date:
Sun, 7 Nov 2004 14:17:00 EST

Hi

For those of you who live in the Boston area or are travelling here I found
a new restaurant in the Coolidge Corner area--Lucy's. It describes itself as
flavorful food simply put. The manager knew all about Celiac Disease, two of
her  friends have it. After handing my GIG card to my waitress the manger came
to my  table and politely asked which of us was the Celiac. The card only
talks of  gluten intolerance and does not mention the illness. She recognized it
right  away.

She checked everything for me and even knew what to check for. For example,
I ordered the Peruvian chicken lime soup and she checked not only on the broth
 but whether the chicken was marienated prior to being cooked.

The meal was delicious, beautifully prepared and I was able to eat with no
worries. The restaurant it moderatly expensive and not a place that I think
most  kids would enjoy--but for adults it is a wonderful find. Small, informal,
celiac  friendly with great food. This was our first visit but won't be our
last.

I have no fiancial interest in this restaurant.

It is located at 242 Harvard Ave, in Brookline phone number (617) 232-Lucy

_WWW.lucysbrookline.com_ (http://www.lucysbrookline.com)

Helen
Boston