From:
"Caplan,Ellen" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Caplan,Ellen
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 09:14:04 -0400

Friends--

Someone recently queried the list about Buffalo Wild Wings (and, my
apologies if another subscriber already responded).  I too was curious since
I used to be a BW3 junkie so checked the web site.  There was no information
that I could find on the site, but I did get this response on Sept. 25 from
Ruth Book [[log in to unmask]] at Wings:
"Thank you for contacting us concerning gluten in our sauces. Marzetti
produces all our dressings and sauces and cannot guarantee that any of the
Buffalo Wild Wing dressings or sauces are "gluten free". All of these
products contain distilled vinegar, which is fermented from ethyl alcohol,
which can be derived from wheat. Therefore distilled vinegar may contain
trace amounts of gluten. For the most part, this trace amount is
inconsequential, but patients with celiac sprue may be concerned. The Thai
wing sauce and Teriyaki sauce contain wheat from soy sauce in addition to
distilled vinegar.
The wings are not breaded, but they are cooked in oil that is used for other
breaded products.
We wish you all the best!
Your Friends at Buffalo Wild Wings"
Ellen Caplan