Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 12:58:01 -0400

Hello Listmates,

I've been gluten free for over 2 years now, but I'm finding that within a half-hour of eating (and sometimes drinking), I bloat to the point I look like I'm pregnant.  At times, it's uncomfortable to breathe and has kept me up at nights.  If I don't eat, I don't have the problem.

I've been tested for lactose intolerance and have consulted with doctors.  They have suggested that I should selectively weed food items in and out of my diet to find if there's a culprit.  So far I haven't seen a trend.

My questions to you are: Has anyone else had a similar problem? Has anyone tried a pro-biotic before to aid with digestion? If so, can you recommend any?

Any advisement you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Mary