From:
Mireille Cote <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mireille Cote <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 May 2005 10:03:46 -0500

Hi,
Here is what a member posted a few days ago:

"Hi List,
For all of ya'll who like to camp, hike, climb so on and so forth i have
found a food for us. Mountain House is a brand of dehydrated food and it
is very lite weight. You can buy it from almost any store or you can buy
it online at www.mountainhouse.com. http://www.mountainhouse.com

K.O.T.I.
Joshua"

However, it is not sure at all they have GF products.  Here is what Karen
sent to me about these products:

"re:  http://www.mountainhouse.com

I emailed them to ask, they didn't have a list of gluten free items. But,
they had a list of all flavors and ingredients. The first two (chicken
stew, rice and chicken) had wheat gluten added, the
next two had noodles.

The first possibly ok item I found was on pg 4 of their list. These are the
only things that looked like they might be ok - but even they have a few
ingredients I would call on (not to mention CC issues).

I think I fixed our mail server ... it appears to have decided to quit
working in the middle of the night last night.

Thanks,

-Karen

Mexican Style Rice & Chicken

INGREDIENTS:  Kidney Beans (contain salt), Tomato Puree, Instant Brown
Rice,
Cooked Chicken, Black Olives, Green Peppers, Red Sauce Seasoning (dextrose,
spices, maltodextrin, garlic, hydrolyzed soy protein, onion powder, beef
fat, caramel color, partially hydrogenated soybean and cottonseed oil,
nonfat dry milk, extractives of spices, extractives of turmeric), Red
Peppers, Modified Cornstarch, Dried Chicken Broth, Onions, Salt, Chicken
Fat, Chili Powder (chili pepper, spices, garlic powder), Sugar, Jalapeno
Pepper Powder, and Red Pepper Powder.

Potatoes 'n Cheese

INGREDIENTS:  Potato Flakes, Cheese Blend (cheddar, granular, and blue
cheeses [milk, cheese culture, salt, enzymes], buttermilk solids, whey,
butter, salt, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, sodium phosphate, whey
protein concentrate, lactose, maltodextrin, citric acid, lactic acid,
yellow
no. 5, yellow no. 6), *Nonfat Milk, *Onions, Modified Cornstarch,
*Broccoli,
Milk Protein, and Contains 1.5% or less Maltodextrin, Salt, *Enzyme
Modified
Cheddar Cheese (cheddar cheese [milk, cheese cultures, salt, enzymes,
calcium chloride], *nonfat  milk, disodium phosphate),   Flavors, Guar Gum,
Butter Flavor, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Sodium Acid
Pyrophosphate, Cream, Buttermilk Powder, Sodium Bicarbonate, Flavor, Corn
Syrup Solids, Sodium Caseinate, Annatto, Turmeric, Citric Acid, Mono and
Diglycerides.  *Dried

Potatoes 'n Beef

INGREDIENTS:  Potatoes, Cooked Beef, Nonfat Dry Milk, Modified Cornstarch,
Dehydrated Onions, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein and Corn Gluten, Salt, Sugar,
Spices, Flavoring, Caramel Color, Garlic Powder, and Partially Hydrogenated
Soybean Oil.
Instant Long Grain White Rice

INGREDIENTS:  Precooked Long Grain Rice.

Cooked Diced Beef

INGREDIENTS:  Beef and Salt.

Cooked Diced Pork

INGREDIENTS:  Pork and Salt.

Cooked Diced Ham

INGREDIENTS:  Cooked Ham (cured with salt, sugar, sodium phosphate, smoke
flavoring, sodium erythorbate, and sodium nitrite).

Pork Chops Uncooked

INGREDIENTS:  Pork.

Cooked Diced Chicken

INGREDIENTS:  Chicken Meat, Mechanically Separated Chicken, and Salt.

Cooked Diced Beef

INGREDIENTS:  Beef and Salt.

Cooked Diced Pork

INGREDIENTS:  Pork and Salt.

Cooked Diced Ham

INGREDIENTS:  Cooked Ham (cured with salt, sugar, sodium phosphate, smoke
flavoring, sodium erythorbate, and sodium nitrite).

Pork Chops Uncooked

INGREDIENTS:  Pork.

Cooked Diced Chicken

INGREDIENTS:  Chicken Meat, Mechanically Separated Chicken, and Salt.

Cottage Cheese

INGREDIENTS:  Cultured Skim Milk, Cream, Milk, Salt, Whey, Guar Gum, Citric
Acid, Carrageenan, and Locust Bean Gum.