From:
Perenpros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Dec 1997 04:27:37 EST

Sorry to post this to the list, but I deleted the address of the member who
sent in the question.

Grind up crackers in your food processor with the steel blade. Do it on pulse
so that they are fine crumbs not dust.  If you don't have a food processor,
you can crush them in a plastic bag with a rolling pin.  Add some melted
butter to them, start with 1/4 of a cup and mix until lighlty coated.  Press
into a pie crust.   Add filling and bake.   You can also press this into the
bottom of a springform pan and use as the base of a cheesecake.  No one will
ever know.  Let me know if you need proportions. I kind of guess as I go along
.  This is pretty foolproof.  Diane