From:
Terri Daniels <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 08:46:12 -0800

Let me first say thank you to the people who wrote information about upstate New
York.  I didn't get many responses so I did some research myself through my
trusty local phone book and will be adding what I have found as well.  It has
taken me a while to respond because I wanted to actually go to some of these
places to say if it is really worth the drive.  So here it goes.

There are two support groups in this area.
One is in Albany, NY
St Peters Hospital
315 New Scotland Ave
Albany, NY 12208
www.celiacresource.org
or contact
Katie Marschilok
4 fairlawn Lane
Troy, NY 12180
518-271-1784
or
Barbara Jordan
518-439-3364

meeting are held every other month but you must check the website on the day of
the meeting to make sure it hasn't been cancelled or call 518-439-3364

A membership fee of 20.00 is required to join this group. There is no
affiliation with any one foundation.  (CSA, GIG, CDF)

It is on the 2cnd floor
L entrance
Turn right inside the entrance to Cusack Auditorium

There is free parking at parking lot off of New Scotland Ave (across from CVS)

The other support group
Glen Falls Hospital
Off the I87 exit 18
They meet every other month
Next meeting is in April
For more information contact:

Health Food Stores
In Lathem, Ny
Health Way:  By far the best one out of the bunch.  Carries the most variety and
the most gluten free products in general.

Clifton Park,Ny
Green Grocher

Basic Foods off of Route 50

I would also like to note that the local grocery stores carry some gluten free
items as well.  Price chopper and Hannaford both had gluten free items
available.  Price chopper has more.  They had pastas, microwave meals, cookies,
ect.  Not as much variety as the health food stores but I was surprised to see
anything at all.

Doctors recommended:
Nutritionist:
Karen Anderson
518-368-6984
Schenetady,NY

Gastroenterologist:
William Notis
Nina Sax
Victoria Florenza
Allen Samuals
Washington Ave   Albany, NY

Dr Peter Green
New York City, NY
212-305-3738
Someone mentioned giving him a call for referrences for the area you are looking
for.

Hope this is useful information for someone else.

Terri Daniels
Clifton Park, NY