From:
Janet Lowery <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janet Lowery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 2008 08:57:49 -0500

I'm looking for gluten free recipe's to substitute for wheat flour based
papier mache that my son's school is planning to use in a few months in art
class.

I've already done a google search and found one that needs to be boiled, but
that is not an option at school.

I did find Blick's Mix Instant Papier Mache at www.dickblick.com, but it is
too expensive to supply the entire school. I may supply it just for my son
or his class.

I've discussed with the art teacher how flour floats for about 24 hours and
that she can't mix the wheat based papier mache in the classroom the same
day my son will be in the class.

We also discussed that she possibly mix the wheat base papier mache outside,
and have my son wear plastic gloves to work with it.

Any tried and true recipe will be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

Janet Lowery
Nashville - Middle TN Celiac Support Group
Www.nashvilleceliacs.org