From:
harriet craig <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
harriet craig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2008 08:24:26 -0500

this is more of an update on my search for an appropriate diet for myself.
i received many responses to my original post , but everyone wanted to know what i
came up with.  no one was on the paleolithic diet totally.
the paleolithic diet has not worked for me, as i was not tolerating the fruits or the nuts.  i
gave up brown rice to try to be strictly on the diet.
i feel like i need to be paying attention more to a candida , low carb regime.  no sugars,
low carb, but not completely carb free.  i think i do ok on potatoes, brown rice, grapefruit
(eaten between a meal) .
i also still rotate my foods to avoid allergy.
after reading the posts about low oxalate diet,  i am suspecting i am oxalate sensitive.
i have been really eating alot of the deep greens and sweet potates, summer squash, and
many other high oxalate foods.  the last four months i have had more muscle pain and
tendonitis in an elbow that i hadnt had before as long as i watched the gluten and other
allergies i know i have. i have recently had an allergy panel done, where they test your
blood against antibodies.  i wasnt eating anything that came up except eggs and
tomatoes. i have been off of those for 2 months now, so i hope that will make a
difference too.
so i now will limit my oxalate consumption, rotate foods, watch allergy, avoid gluten and
the many other things i react to, lower carbs.
for me there is no one easy diet to follow that is a sure thing.
thanks to all who responded to my post.  i enjoyed some good discussions with several
that were very helpful.  harriet