From:
A Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 00:03:19 -0800

Hi All--

This question is not strictly celiac related, exactly,
but maybe...how's that for evasive? (Sorry, list
owners).

My primary problem as a celiac is constipation - a big
indicator when an accident occurs. Years ago, my
allergist told me that certain environmental allergens
have cross food relationships. For example, if one is
allergic to ragweed, citrus foods should be avoided.
This week, seasonal pollen was so heavy here that my
car is covered in yellow powder. I'm miserable with
swollen, red, stinging eyes and increased asthma
symptoms. I'm also experiencing mild constipation,
though I'm 100% certain that I've not ingested gluten.

Does anyone know if there is a possibility that if one
has a sensitivity to gluten, as we have, there are
environmental allergens one would have problems with
in terms of affecting how the bowel and colon work? I
know this is a long shot, but in the past I've noticed
changes in my digestion when I'm most sensitive to
seasonal pollen.

Any scientific or anecdotal information would be
helpful. Thanks.

Cheers,
Ayn in Alabama

http://platinum.yahoo.com