From:
Jen Long <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 22 May 2014 12:51:35 -0400

After almost 4 months of being really ill, I was just diagnosed with SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth). My GI said that those with celiac are at higher risk.

GI wants me on antibiotics (which is what triggered this episode in the first place). But, I've read that sometimes probiotics have been effective in treatment of SIBO, as well. Has anyone had experience with this? What has worked for you? And did you have to make further permanent diet changes? Does it recur?

Thanks in advance for any help or answers! I'll send out a summary of responses.

Jen

Sent from my iPhone.