From:
richabec <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 2010 18:03:21 -0500

Thanks so much to everyone who responded to my query for Nashville Gf Dining
options.  It sounds like we have a lot of great options!  I have copied the
archives from the past.  I could not get it to go through today because it
was too big.

Thanks to all for your help!

Becky in Texas

www.nashvilleceliacs.org  - lots of choices!

In addition to the usual chains (we have PF Changs, Pei Wei, Outback, Red
Robin, Five Guys, Joe's Crab Shack, Panera, OCharleys, Maggianos, Carrabas,)
that have gluten free menus, we also have a great Mexican (Cantina Laredo -
in the Gulch). great bakery/sandwich/ soup place -( Fiddlecakes on 8th ave-
they are making my daughter's gluten free wedding cake! ), coffee and muffin
place (Drinkhaus in Germantown  on 8th avenue just north of downtown - ask
for Kat the owner (and wife of a Tennessee Titan football player).

Also in Germantown you can go to the Germantown cafe and the Mad Platter -
both will cook gluten free items for you.II have never gotten sick and I am
very sensitive)

In the West End area there is a local famous breakfast/lunch place called
Pancake Pantry. It is not on the menu but they make great gluten free
pancakes to order - also the hashbrowns and eggs are gluten free. Many
country music stars eat there. And another great independent restaurant is
Tin Angel on West End Avenue (across the street from Maggianos and Outback)

If you get to the Cool Springs / Franklin area you will find a Garlic Jims
pizza place that makes gluten free pizza, also out that way is a Bonefish
Grill.

_ Nashville and Franklin are full of places to eat.
    The regular places,  Outback, 5 guys near Vanderbilt and lots of other
chains.
    If you like (non-chain) there is  Indian  on Charlotte pike.  Taste of
India is very good.
       Do you use  "goog"  800-466-4411  .  It's from  Google.   Call this #
and just say what you're looking for and the city and state.   It will dial
the restaurant for you and just tell them to give directions & ask if they
have a GF  menu.    Some godfathers have GF pizza.  The one in Clarksville
does have GF pizza.  You will travel threw Clarksville from Paducah  to
Nashville.

There are several places in Nashville that you can eat safely.  I will give
a few different places in Nashville, as I don't know which area you will be
in.  If you are right in downtown by the honky tonks, there is an Italian
restaurant called Sole Mio.  Ask for their GF menu.

If you want to go just a few blocks from that area, there is another area
called The Gulch.

Cantina Laredo is a Mexican restaurant, ask for their GF menu.  Another area
is called West End.  In the West End, there is Maggiano's and Outback
Steakhouse.  There is also an area downtown called Germantown.  The Mad
Platter will accommodate a GF diet with no problem, it is a pricier
restaurant.  If you are going to be in the suburban area south of Nashville
called Brentwood, there is a pizza place called Matteo's with gluten-free
pizza.  You will be able to eat safely at any of these restaurants.  If you
need further info, let me know.

___________________________________________-

I live in Nashville and don't eat out much either, but here are some places
that have worked for me.

Maggiano's -- you can request GF pasta; staff will check on the GF status of
any item; often the chef will come and talk with you personally; the chefs
seem to be well educated re GF.

PF Chang's has GF menu -- though the servers do not always seem very well
educated, so keep an eye on them.  Will provide GF soy sauce.

Pei Wei lists GF items on their menu.  Their tofu is not GF.

Calypso -- very aware of their ingredients; I think everything is GF except
their muffins -- but ask your server.

Fiddlecakes -- only open for lunch; just soups, salads and sandwiches, but
they have GF sandwiches and baked goodies; they know which of their other
items are GF or not; the GF baked goods are kept in the back to avoid
contamination, so you will not see them in the display case out front.

Anatolia -- Turkish food -- They do not have a GF menu, but many items are
GF; the staff is very accommodating -- though you might have to ask them not
to put any pita bread on your hummus plate. (!)

I ate lunch at Urban Flats (a chain perhaps) in the Gulch and had a salad
with salmon, and it all worked out well :)

Oh, I found the web site - http://www.urbanflats.net/

We have the usual choices, outback, pf changs, etc.  i actually work in an
italian restaurant that has gf pasta.  the name is Porto Via on White Bridge
Road in the West End area.  All of our pasta sauces are gf, but not the
meatballs.  we have carbonara, pesto and marinara.  also have bolognese -
pretty sure that's gf as well.

Also, Bricktops has a tuna burger that has no filler in it.  They are
located on West End Avenue, at about 28th Street.