From:
Cyndi Symons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 09:24:15 EST

Hi everyone,
I've gotten some new info I wanted to share with you on Jowar. Many have
written me to ask me if I've ordered from Gluten free Pantry and other mail
order places, I called all of them and they use the Hereford Texas plant who
is not sure they'll be back in production anytime soon if at all. But I did
receive a message that there was another supplier in Texas. I called them and
they are sending me a bag of flour. Theirs is milled differently, than the
Hereford Texas plant though.  I also found the flour in an Indian store they
call it "Juwar" but it is grown from a purple seed instead of white. The flour
has a bitter taste (to me), I did not like it. But some others might. I'm
spoiled with the white (that's what color seed they use in Texas), it tastes
good. So I will let you know if this new flour is any better than the Indian
store brand. He tells me they use the white seed. I should be able to let you
know within the next week. Thanks for everyone replying to me. This is a great
resource for me.