From:
Deborah Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deborah Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 May 2002 15:12:24 -0700

Hello friends,

I have just recently surmised that I, too, am a
Celiac.  Though I am waiting on lab work from Dr.
Fine, I have experienced dramatic results from
removing gluten from my diet.

For the last 11 years I have suffered with migraines
(Imitrex had become almost a dietary supplement for
me) and severly itchy dermatitis, in the last two
years I have become lactose intolerant and developed
acid reflux.  I've also suffered memory loss, brain
fog, and swollen joints.

Taking gluten out of my diet has relieved all of these
symptoms, and has left me wondering about milder
symptoms I've had throughout my life . . . such as
irritability, mental confusion and headaches brought
on by lengthy exposure to the sun, and a general
tension and stiffness in my joints and muscles (that
has also been alleviated since I've been GF).  Has
anyone else experienced these sorts of symptoms?

I have found, though, that now I seem to also be
having similar reactions (tension in my spine and
neck, and the beginnings of a migraine)if I take soy
or peanuts or dairy.  Is casein the likely culprit?
Should I avoid all nuts and seeds?  The "trial and
error" method is getting a little wearing . . .

Thanks to everyone for all your input to this list.
You've been lifesavers for me!

Deborah in OKC

LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
http://launch.yahoo.com