Date:
Mon, 20 May 2002 15:48:16 -0700

Everything I have read says several months, I know my toddler (21 mo) has it and has been symptomatic since birth for celiac and does well on a GF diet. She had a biopsy in Dec after 1-2 weeks on gluten (she was GF 13 mo before that) and it was neg so the GI said she didn't have it and it must be an allergy. I disagree. She had RAST and skin testing 2 weeks ago this wed and it was negative so they said give it to her. I did and she's eating less and less each day to the point she's only eating 2-3 bites of food a day (thank goodness she's still nursing!) and is cranky, whiny, clingy and it gets worse each day and her poop has turned to water when she does go. I called the GI and he wants to do another EGD /w biopsy, I don't know when there going to do it as they just left a msg while I was out saying it would be a few weeks away, I'm waiting for them to call again. We have our regular appt in June so I'm assuming it will be at the end of June.  Would 6-8 weeks of gluten be enough exposure to show some kind of change? What about for the blood test?

Heather

---
http://home.earthlink.net/~naturalmom