From:
musiclady <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
musiclady <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2007 19:22:16 -0500

Thank you so much for all your posts.  To summarize, most responsees just
use corn tortillas for their quesidillas.  Some added oil to the pan first;
some didn't.  I guess it is a matter of choice.  Most recommended using a
heavy, iron frying pan to prepare the torillas.  The consensus was to place
one tortilla in the pan, add cheese (many different kinds of cheese were
suggested so again it seems to be a matter of preference) and any other
ingredients desired (chicken, veggies, etc. - again a matter of preference);
then place another tortilla on top and when the first one has browned and
the cheese has started to melt, flip the whole thing and heat the second
tortilla.  It seems that the flipping is of major concern in trying to keep
the ingredients inside the two tortillas. One person said that you take a
corn tortilla, fill it with whatever you want, fold it in half and wrap it
in a damp paper towel and microwave it for 30 sec., then add salsa when it
is done.   A Mission Brand corn tortillas was mentioned several times but I
am unsure where to get them.  I have not tried any of these yet as I am
still looking for a corn tortilla source in Southern Ontario, Canada.   I
was told there is a site called  DonPoncho.com but the sender was unsure
whether or not they could be mailed.
Thank you all for your many suggestions and insights into making quesidillas
(tortillas).

*******
*******