From:
Ruth Arcuri-Kovacs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ruth Arcuri-Kovacs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 2004 18:37:55 -0500

MaizeSuddenly all the salmon in the stores is marked "coloring added" -
there are no fresh or frozen salmon available without this coloring.

The employees have no idea what the coloring is derived from -- no
surprise --  But I suspect that this coloring might have always been
there, salmon looks the same as it always did.  They just started
labeling their fish better.  And I've been eating it -- and from time to
time have had reactions to something unknown.  Whether the coloring is a
problem or not, I can't tell.

Does anyone have any information about this ingredient?  Or a link or
website with more information than I've been able to obtain?

I love salmon -- and I credit my frequent salmon meals with helping to
decrease my cholesterol and triglyceride levels.   I hate having to give
it up ---

Thanks in advance ---
Ruth