From:
Tom Shank <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 20:39:49 -0600

Hi listmates.  Here are the responses I received following my post on
flax seeds.  Seems many already use them and others wanted a bit more
info on how to use them.  If anyone would like to post their uses of
flax seeds and/or flax oil as a healthy addition to their diet--it
would be appreciated by many.  Blessings, Lorri in Colorado

<<I use an ordinary  blender to grind flax seeds.  I put them in one of
the small blender jars,  about 1/2 pint.  I grind  enough for two or
three days and keep them in the small jar in the fridge.>>

<<Ever try to just add them to breads or cookies, etc?  I would think
that they would have the same good effect as ground.  What do you
think?>>

<<I have found that the coffee grinder is a pain to clean...so I use my
blender to grind my seeds.  I have the small one cup attachment that
makes it real simple to grind small amounts at a time.  When i grind
flaxseed to make my granola I always grind enough for two batches and
store the extra one in a freezer bag until I use it... saves time and
cleaning up twice!>>

<<thanks for the info.  I just bought some flax seeds yesterday as a
matter of fact, and have trouble accessing the archives, so I wasn't
sure if a celiac could have them!  Thanks.>>

<<Glad to see your post on flax seeds...I try to eat
some every day, usually mixed in with pear sauce
(Gerber baby food).

I grind mine in a blender...works great (for those who
don't have a coffee grinder).

Just thought I'd tell you thanks for the info and
recipe...I'm one who gets constipated when I've
accidently ingest gluten, so tips like this are so
welcome!>>