From:
Phyllis Chinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Nov 2001 20:47:14 EST

Do I have knowledge of egg noodles?  You betcha!!!!  I have never seen them
advertised anywhere, but I don't pay that much attention to the "net" stores.
 We moved to Florida 4 1/2 years ago from the metropolitan Kansas City area
(Merriam, Kansas, a suburb) and fortunately were very close to a fabulous
specialty food store owned by two sisters - one of whom is a Registered
Dietitian, and advisor to the wonderful Kansas City Chapter of CSA/USA.  They
carried a great supply of gluten-free stuff - my favorite being the "egg
noodles"   That was one food I, too, missed, and all I could find anywhere
were the pastas, I'm sure you have seen those.

Here's the product:  Florence Brand Wheat Free CORN MEDIUM RIBBONS, A
macaroni product made with 100%cornnnflour.  No salt-no coloring - no
preservatives.

Manufactured by Florence Macaroni Mfg.Co, Los Angeles, Calif. 90011.

They come in clear plastic 16 oz bags, and are identical appearing to the
readymade commercial Noodles, and actually taste the same (well, almost) It's
been14 years since I ate a "gluten noodle."

I have shared packages of these noodles to a few Celiacs I've met down here -
we tried to get a support group going here in Naples, and they were so happy
to find these gluten-free noodles, they, like I, called the Florence Macaroni
Company in  Los Angeles, and got someone who spoke broken English who really
couldn't help us - they sell only to distributors.  I told them they could
retire rich if they'd just let all the Celiacs know about them.  Go figure.

So, we, here in Naples, ordered a case of six packages from my store back in
Shawnee, and split the cost - and it was minimal.  They are so glad to help.
Here is their address - and tell them Margaret Lee sent you.

                   The Food Bin
                   12268 West 63rd St.

                   Shawnee, KS 66216           Mari and Pari Ruck, owners.
Hope you like them - and pass the info along - I don't know if any "net
grocery" carries them or not.

Hi !  Glutano makes an egg noodle.  Sold online or through a Wegmans
supermarket, depending on where you are!  Good luck!  sue in nj

I also was searching for gf egg noodles for kugel.    Glutano Tagliatelle
was recommended.  I haven't tried them yet.  Let us know how it goes.

A company named Aproten makes noodles that are low protein and GF.  One of
their products is a fettucine noodle that is VERY much like an egg noodle.  I
have used them as a substitue for egg noodles when I serve a stew and have
even used them in noodle puddings.  I'm pretty sure that Glutino carries them
(www.glutino.com).