From:
Diana Day <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Diana Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 09:07:18 -0400

Thanks again to everyone who sent all these ideas. Here are the rest:

The latest book I've written is "Wheat-free Gluten-free Recipes for
Special
Diets".  While all the recipes are gluten-free, there are adjustments
listed
for the following conditions and allergies:
diabetic, low sodium, vegetarian, vegan, and allergies to corn, diary,
eggs,
peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and yeast.  There are also some adjustments for

rice and potatoes.
For more information about the book, go to
http://www.gfbooks.homestead.com <http://www.gfbooks.homestead.com/>
and click on the image of the book.

Just because you have multiple dietary restrictions, you can still eat
all
of your favorite foods just by making a few adjustments.

Connie Sarros
Gluten-free Cookbooks
www.gfbooks.homestead.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Try   'Living Without.'  I know they talk about multiple allergies.  I
just don't know if all of those you have mentioned are included.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Try this site:

http://www.recipesource.com/misc/nutrition/basic-rice-recipes1.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
your allergy list is interesting....I think you may need to add a few
things.  You appear to be allergic to nightshades, which aggravate
arthritis....so, stay away from tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, [incuding
chilli] eggplant and tobacco. Eating these can bring on an attaack of
arthritis....

as for recipes....check out the good recipe sources...eipicurious.com,
allrecipes.com etc and just learn to sub.  learn what works for
you...and
use those in your recipes.  for example, to get around the wheat thing,
use conrstarch in my baking..thanks to Julia Child's recomendation..cup
for
cup.  get great cakes that way.

for dairy...all celiacs are lactose intolerant.  if you heal the gut,
there's a good chance that will go.  to heal...with each meal take one
probitoics complex and one l-glutamine.  a gf diet alone take 5 years to

heal the gut and this does it in 4 months. So, no dairy for the next
coouple
of months...but you can use goat's milk which is naturally lactose free.

Actually, it is closest to mother's milk and doesn't raise mucous.  this

info came from my md and my nutritionist.
At Ivillage.com, in the message boards section, they
have a Cooking for Allergies board that mainly has
gluten-free recipes, but also ones free of other food allergens.
A book that I like is called "Allergy Cooking with Ease" by Nicolette M.
Dumke.  It's recipes are free of wheat, gluten, milk, eggs, corn, soy,
yeast, sugar, and grain.  I hope this helps!
There is a website called www.mealsforyou.com. Use the advanced search
button found in the upper left. It allows you to select foods to avoid
and
it gives menu and recipe suggestions. It is free and has been very
helpful
for me.

*******
*******