From:
"Karyn S. Friedman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 May 1996 20:34:48 -0400

I'm attending Bad Mommy School today - be kind to me.

I had some drops put in my eyes for a special focusing test by the
optometrist yesterday and as a result was unable to focus my eyes for hours.
 He didn't warn me, of course.  I could hardly see to drive but I swung by my
local franchise of Burger King for some fries for my son's lunch on the way
home.  Couldn't read the package.  Didn't realize they were the new recipe
fries -  they didn't have them as of 3 weeks ago...

Gave James half a package before thinking that the colors looked different.
 Had to ask my three-year-old daughter to spell out what it said.  Horrified.
 Panicked.

James was very sick last night and today - horrible diarrhea and headaches.
 I'm so angry.  I was warned and knew that my city was slated for these
"stealth" fries.  I had even written a letter to BK about them.  I feel
really betrayed and angry - at the eye doctor, at BK, at myself.

Moral:  You cannot be too careful.

Karyn