From:
DIANE E WILSON <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DIANE E WILSON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 15:38:20 -0500

Hi,

I need some advice.  I'm really pretty angry right now so I hope you can help.
My sister promised me a couple months ago that if she had christmas dinner, she
would make a stuffing that I could eat.  Granted it was over a couple drinks,
but now she denies ever saying it.  I was diagnosed about 6 years ago and
didn't have a good bread to use for stuffing until the last 2 years so she
still thinks mine won't be good.  She thinks all my GF stuff must be terrible.
The family has a strong tradition for having the stuffing exactly just so every
year and doesn't want to change, so I have to have mine in a separate dish and
everyone is always sniffing around it and I have to keep telling people it's
mine and explain why because they don't remember (my cousins and
brother-in-law's family does this).

Last thanksgiving somehow I got really sick, so this situation isn't best for
me.  My fiance's mother is more than happy to put my stuffing in the bird so I
wonder what's wrong with my family.  I don't even want to go to my sister's
house now.  I would just go to my fiance's but my mother would be very upset.
I'm thinking about going but saying this is the last time because now my
stuffing is excellent and if the food is so important, then it's important to
me too.  It seems the family has never cared too much about my eating...I'm 35
and my mother was shocked to hear recently that I never liked the creamed corn
and never ate any vegetable on thanksgiving or christmas my whole life.  It
took them years to not have to be reminded about my diet.  What do you think of
this and what do you think I should do?  If it makes you mad, say so, because I
won't be offended.

Thanks,
Diane