Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 07:51:46 -0700

I am a nurse and have just gotten a new client who's child has celiac
disease.  This young women has her own share of difficulties, and is
having a difficult time in dealing with her child's disease and diet.
She is low income and has poor education.  I'm trying to get her more
information on what types of foods she can buy at her local grocery
store, that are appropriate and nutritional for her child.  This child
is extremely small for her age and is at risk for another
hospitalization soon.  The mother is finding that many foods she assumed
were glutten free, are actually not.   Can anyone help with giving me a
list of easy to prepare snacks and foods that I can give her???  I have
found a lot of information on the net, and have a general list of "do's"
and "don'ts" for celiacs.  Thanks!
Julie L, RN