From:
Mel Milio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 12:17:24 EDT

Thanks for all the responses. They were overwhelmingly in favor (9-2) of both
shots with a caveat about egg allergy and the flu shots which I was already
aware of. One person said that she doesn't seem to stay sick as long as before
if she does get something. There were only two negative responses.  One saw no
reason for the shots unless I have severe allergies or spent a lot of time
around sick people and another said she got sicker with them than without
them, that going GF improves your immune system dramatically. Another person
sent a longish paragraph re blood types and antibodies which I will copy
below. I'm a wimp about needles, but guess it's time to be a "big girl" and
get it done. Better safe than sorry. I hope this helps someone else.....

Thanks - MEL

The following information is from the Eat Right for Your Type book by Peter
D'Adamo, ND, pp320-32 Pneumovax (pneumococcus vaccine) elevates anti-Type A
anti-bodies. Type Os and Type Bs produced higher levels of anti-A antibodies
when given this vaccine, making them even better able to fight A-like cancers.

This is the first promising treatment for Type Bs and Type Os who have cancer.
In effect it allows you to strengthen your defenses against A-like cancerous
mutations, making you even better prepared to fight specific cancers such as
breast, stomach, liver, and pancreatic cancers. Type As obviously will not
produce anti-A antibodies, but the Pneumovax may give a boost to their immune
systems, helping them to recognize cancerous cells normally incognito. Since
most cancers have A-like tendencies, the Pneumovax may, by elevating anti-Type
A antibodies, mobilize the immune systems of all the blood types. Several
further positives that the pneumococcus vaccine offers: it is safe; it is
inexpensive; it prevents some forms of pneumonia; and most important, it
generates isohemaglutinins. Isohemaglutinins are much more powerful antibodies
than those the body manufactures against a virus or a bacteria.

Isohemaglutinins are "Terminators." They agglutinate and kill their prey by
themselves, requiring no assistance from the other normal killer cells of the
immune system. Isohemaglutinins float through the bloodstream like innocent
snowflakes, but when they attach to cells they change form to become
three-dimensional, crablike antibodies. They are so prominent that they can be
detected by a microscope. Blood Type O and Type B can really rev up their
anti-A antibodies with a Pneumovax every eight to ten years. Blood Type A and
Type AB should revaccinate more often, every five years.