From:
Gary Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 1995 00:05:04 -0500

>Did you find that migraines were a symptom of CD for you? I just happened
>upon this group, but someone in the alt.support.migraines group had
>mentioned the possibility of migraines being caused by gluten intolerance.
>I've had them for years and am wondering if gluten could be the cause. I've
>also got some of the other symptoms desicribed in this group, but was
>specifically wondering about the migraines. Do you get migraines when you
>ingest gluten?
>
>Beth Anderson

I have never found a personal connection between migraine and CS.  My
father has classic migraine and I have common migraine.  My triggers are
MSG in any of it's insidious forms (HVP, Natural Flavors, Natural
Flavoring, Carrageenan, Kombu, Seaweed Extract, Kelp, Hydrolyzed anything),
chocolate, caffeine in large doses, too much salt or sugar, too little
sleep, skipping a meal, pulsing or flickering lights, tyramine containing
foods (cheese, peanuts, red wine) and I think that's enough.

I do notice that if I have a diarrhea attack after stumbling into some
gluten, the sudden drop in fluid levels = sudden drop in blood pressure =
migraine.  One possible connection may be that the gluten is present in the
MSG substance.  Is this any help?

Gary Roberts