From:
Charles Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 12:14:39 -0500

I got about 12 replies and answered each one personally. I will send the
letters I received/mentioned from the Bud. or Anheuser-Bush co. to anyone
else that is interested.  I would also like to point out that while beer
drinking was fun on the cruise I don't intend to make a habit of it. I
would also like to point out that the majority of what Smirnoff Vodka
http://www.diageo.com sells is g/f.  I just got this new list today.  The
categories are: Tequila, Rum, Gin and Vodka and some of the drinks are TGI
Fridays Mudslide, Club Gin & Tonic, Heublin Gin or Vodka Martini, TGI
Friday's Margarita, TGI Friday's.  I found out about this just after
paying 27.00 for a bottle of "potato" vodka in 2000.  Theirs are corn
based, and all cruise ships carry Smirnoff or at least the ones I've been
on.  Here is the highlight of answers:

Well, the Michelob Ultra got to me.  In a BAD way.  I'm glad it doesn't
bother you.  Sure did taste good to try it though.

have you gone back to the Ultra?
how much of the Ultra were you consuming?

The beer thing is bull. Beer HAS GLUTEN; brewing does not remove it.
Distilling does, but not fermenting.

WOW!!!!! Is this true about the beer!  Have you received e-mails from
people
who say this is not true???

 For instance, it is not credible to state
that gluten is not detected unless the tolerances of the tests are also
released.

I'm curious about which cruise line you used. We enjoy cruising but have
only done one so far, Holland America.  Did you bring any food with you?
Ans: No.

Great post. glad you had such a good time.

So, in response to your email, are you saying that you suspect there is
indeed gluten in the beer, or you just had an adverse reaction, possibly
related to something else?  Ans: I don't know ?

Budweiser - perhaps that may be my best bet over the festive season.   I
have tried different types of alcohol to see but am quite hesitant due to
the explosion it can cause.   I tried Jack Daniels, am told this is made
with rye, however, still would result with sore head just after 2 small
nips.     Have you tried anything else with success.  Ans:  I didn't break
out when drinking
the Michelob Ultra in moderate amts......and on a cruise ship who knows
how much gluten
I was exposed to.  Basically you will have to draw your own conclusions ?

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Charlie  T-1 diabetes, DH, CD and psoriasis.