From:
Julie Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 16:40:29 -0400

Thank you to all that responded (about 40) to my post about my endoscopy
that showed that the area between my esophagus and stomach was inflamed.
Everyone pretty much had the same thing to say. That it is acid reflux and
very common. It can be controlled by medication (Prilosec, Aciphex,
Prevacid), and diet, (no alcohol, coffee, tomatoes, citrus, tobacco,
carbonated beverages or spicy foods). Also, allowing at least 3 hours
between when you eat and go to bed helps. Many mentioned that accidentally
ingesting gluten can aggravate it too.

The majority of people took Prilosec,which is originally what my doctor
prescribed, but it is not on my HMO's formulary list so he switched me to
Prevacid which doesn't seem to be doing much, so this is frustrating, but I
guess I will wait until Thursday to get my biopsy results! Thanks!!