From:
"Laura B." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laura B.
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2008 12:46:08 -0500

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your responses.  I received more emails from people asking me to
summarize than I did answers.  I did receive some really great suggestions and
since there was so much interest in the answers I received - I am
cutting/pasting ALL responses that I received (so that I don't miss any details
that might interest someone):

We had a great time at the Marriot in San Juan, Puerto Rico. The head chef
was amazing and they cooked special meals for me every day that were even
superior to the "regular" meals. I think the chef was planning to move on to
the Ritz. I was pregnant at the time so can't speak for the kid part but there
were plenty of families there. Hope that helps.

We spent a week at Beaches and loved it.  They worked very closely with us
and arranged for GF meals at which  ever restaurant we chose to eat at that
day.  There were 3 of us GF and we all stayed well and had a ball.

We've never been on Celebrity but we are signed up for their cruise the end of
january.  I hope it works for me.  I'm not too into cruises either but I do wear
Sea Bands on my wrist and it takes care of the sea sickness. With a military
husband who loves the sea, I have to relent sometimes.  When we went to
St.Kitts, I took a cooler of food, had made spaghetti, chili, took hot dogs and
chicken. All of which got me through the week.  I've stayed at Antigua and
ate their food being very careful but it was all buffet. I had enough though.
That was at Hawks Bill. We didn't have one of the cottages which might have
had a kitchen. We just had a room, no refrigerator. I didn't see many children
there and maybe not much for them to do.

I am a travel agent that Specializes in Gluten free family places to go.
We all have celiac in my family.  I am also one of the R.O.C.K. leaders on Long
Island(parents with kids with celiac). There is NO fee dealing with me.  I am
just a regular travel agent(who specializes dietary requirements).
You can email me at [log in to unmask] .

We had a great experience at the El Conquistador in Puerto Rico.  We stayed
at the section called Las Casitas which were all villas (full  kitchens).  There's
also a WalMart about 10 minutes from the resort to  stock up on some staples.

I have heard that Atlantis on Paradise Island is very accomodating. We
haven't been there since going GF. It is a great place with wonderful things
for the kids.(very expensive though).

I am going to a Sandals resort this summer and asked them if they would
would cook GF for me and said they would.  I do not have first hand
experience, but they seemed very willing to work with me.  I know beaches is
a family version of Sandals that is owned by the same people.  You may want
to give that a try.

I'd be very interested in a summary. We went to St Kitts in the spring
but where we stayed, I cooked all of my meals and didn't see a place I
dared to eat at. However, there is a lovely Marriot Hotel that had
several restaurants and very nice that would probably work out but it
was too far for us and very hot when we were there. The island is
 lovely otherwise. The kids would love the monkeys and goats wandering
around the island.

We just got back from a 10 day cruise to St Thomas, St Lucia, St Kitts and St
Maarten.  Celebrity really accommodated me gluten wise by making sure
everything I ordered could be prepared g/f.  We go on a cruise to this area at
least once a year.  The g/f bread was really good and they toasted it for me
every day.

*******
*******