From:
Nancy Newlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 12:46:43 -0800

I have one answer to my question about "what's in vegetable glycerin."  The
answer:  100% coconut oil.  (Why they don't state this on the label is beyond
me.)  Since it is coconut oil it is very high in saturated fat.  I use it as
an alternate sweetener (I don't know how it compares to cane sugar).  Some
people think it has a laxative effect.

I got my answer from calling Now Natural Foods in Glendale Hts, Illinois, who
distibutes their products to various health stores.  Vegetable glycerin is
often found in cosmetics.  If you decide to try this, be sure to make sure
that it is an edible grade of vegetable glycerin.  The bottle says "It
contains no sugar, salt, preservatives, chemical additives, fillers, or
solvents."

Nancy