From:
Laura Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laura Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 19:28:27 -0600

I am new to the group and just want to introduce myself.  I was diagnosed as a toddler with CD.  Then, the Dr said it would just go away as I grew older.  I did develop some tolerances - sort of- but never was the healthiest kid around.  I caught everything that was going around.

I have 3 sibblings who have CD and my sister's children are on gf diets.  My mom should write volumes on CD after struggling through our infancies with so little information available.

As an adult, after having 4 children my health started to deteriorate and I had constant headaches and my husband says that I was one very miserable person to be around.  We were eating 'healthy' food, exercising and I was dropping the pounds easily (he was struggling).  I lost 30 pounds in 2 months!  I still felt rotten.  It wasn't until my aunt was diagnosed that I got back onto the diet (12 yrs ago) and started feeling better.  I am still subject to depression and my joints ache if there are any close calls.

Now I am told my cholesterol is too high and if it doesn't come down by Nov, I will be put on med's.  I am wondering if it is common, and what are people doing to reduce it.

Thanks for being here.