From:
Ana Andres <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 14:42:04 +0100

Hello everybody. My husband was diagnosed 5 years ago. The doctor that
treated him first didn't have a lot of experience with celiacs, and some of
his advices were wrong, and the diet was not as strict as it should be. But
with another doctor, our local support group and this list, we are now much
more in control of the diet. His symptoms had vanished, or so we thought.

He has always been quite absentminded. But now it is getting worrying and
some symptoms have reappeared in a mild form. He does not feel sick, but he
feels more tired than usual, sleeps more, has difficulties to concentrate
and forgets many things everyday. This has not cause any major problem, yet,
but we are concerned.

We haven't made any relevant changes in the diet or in our way of life, so
we cannot figure out what can be the cause of this. Any similar experiences
or information would be extremely helpful. We have an appointment this week
with the doctor and I would like to have something to tell him.

Thanks to everybody for being there.

Ana Andres
Bilbao, Spain

Ana