From:
Joyce C Jamerson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joyce C Jamerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 2004 16:17:46 -0500

wonderful group of caring "friends".  My comments are in brackets.

Some wrote to say that they had no answers, but sympathized.
One suggested some energy healing techniques:  visualization, meditation,
etc.
Some suggested more attention to food allergies and the allergy
elimination diet  [I've had several different series of allergy testing;
with different results each time.  Currently, I'm soy, dairy, corn,
yeast, sugar, and legume free and thought I was GF, but am investigating
EVERYTHING that goes in my mouth!  I also avoid high oxalate foods.
Having interstitial cystitis as well, the low oxalate diet does
contribute to my comfort.]
Some suggested more testing; enterolab, etc.  [actually, I'm happy with
the new diagnosis,
it's just a matter of proper handling from here on.  I did have a
"meltdown" one afternoon when I thought about the more than 4 years of
misery I could have avoided, had I received the proper diagnosis.]
One suggested Kefir, and the latest discussions from the list regarding
that.  [I am giving Lifeway Kefir a try, and am tolerating it fairly well
at this point]

And I have taken notice of the recent comments concerning cookware and
topical skin products.  I had read these comments on the list before, but
paid them little attention, for after all, I wasn't diagnosed, and
thought I wasn't that sensitive.....and I was using my favorite cast iron
skillet every day!  So, I will certainly give more attention to that
aspect.  In fact, I have not used the skillet in several days now; about
the same length of time I've been drinking the Kefir, and my stomach does
feel calmer, so I feel I'm at least going in the right direction.  I AM
hoping that as my stomach calms, I will be able to tolerate some
digestive enzymes.
I return to the doctor this Friday, so he may be able to give some
direction.
To complicate matters, we're planning to move by June 1 to north Alabama,
close to Florence.  I'll have to go through the process of health care
all over again, but hopefully better armed with information and won't
have to play the diagnosis guessing game.

Thank you all for your kind responses.
JJ

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness.
You have to catch it yourself."   (Ben Franklin)